Friday, November 16, 2007

About Us

I have always loved the power of words. I love searching for the perfect word that will say exactly what I want to express. When I was a teenager my parents took my sister and I to Washington D.C. When I looked back at my journal from that trip, I hadn’t written down hardly anything of what we’d seen, but I had written down about 20 quotes that adorned the famous historical sights that I found inspiring. Words correctly strung together have the power to give the reader a new perspective or just bring a smile to his or her face.

I love the way words look. In school while my friends doodled pictures I looked for ways to make my notes look interesting. I distinctly remember writing “joints” with big flowing letters in my anatomy class over and over loving the way that it looked. I love being surrounded by words, and now, with vinyl lettering, I can decorate my walls with my favorite sayings; giving my home my family’s own distinct handprint.

Words allow us to give voice to our feelings; they allow us to express who we are and what is important to us. Our company, Hand prints, allows you to express yourself in your home, apartment, office, school, church, wherever you are in the way that best represents you and in a sense, leave your hand print. The vinyl letters are easy to apply to almost any surface and have the look of hand-painted lettering. We have hundreds of fonts available for you to choose from; for every personality or room (funky, fun, elegant, sporty, inspiring, cute.) as well as many different colors. The words can be layered on top of each other and made large or small. The vinyl words are easily removable so if you get tired of a certain quote you can take it down and put up a new one. You can even change things according to the season. We also offer other products, such as wooden signs, picture frames, magnetic boards, and tiles. Create whatever you want!